Thanks to the generosity and support of our donors, our scholars have gone on to become leaders in their communities as teachers, executives, counselors, engineers, military officers and more. Many have continued to give back to Boys Hope Girls Hope and other organizations as mentors, tutors, committee members and board members.
While we have great numbers to represent our success, there isn’t a number that is large enough to represent the character, ambition, courage and integrity of our young men and women.
• In 2012, the Educational Policy Institute recognized BHGH has one of ten programs nationally (out of 347 programs in the study) to have proven success in helping students from low income families complete their college education.
• Since 1991, 100% of our scholars have graduated high school and have gone on to higher education.
• The Cincinnati BHGH scholars have a cumulative GPA of 3.1
• 94% of our scholars return for their second year of post-secondary education- 30% higher than the national average.
• 74% of all donations fund programs and services for scholars.
• BHGH International operates a total of 30 homes in 16 U.S. cities and abroad in Brazil, Guatemala and Ireland.
• BHGH Cincinnati currently serves 40+ junior high through college level scholars from the Greater Cincinnati region.
Celebrating Our Graduates
In May, we celebrated the graduations of 12 of our scholars. Two scholars graduated from college, five graduated from high school and another five graduated from middle school. The five high school graduates have moved on to 4-year universities. Prince, Clinton and Shaya each attend Northern Kentucky University, where Prince majors in Business, Clinton in mechanical engineering, and Shaya in media broadcasting. Ebonie attends Ohio University, where she plans to apply to the nursing program, and Tianna attends Miami University and majors in sports administration. We are very proud of our graduates.
To contribute to the success of our scholars, visit the donation page here. (Link to donation page).